YOU AGREE THAT BY USING THE SITE, ANY APPLICATIONS, AND THE SERVICES YOU ARE AT LEAST 18 YEARS OF AGE AND YOU ARE LEGALLY ABLE TO ENTER INTO A CONTRACT.
These Terms require the use of arbitration on an individual basis to resolve disputes, rather than jury trials or class actions, and also limit the remedies available to you in the event of a dispute.
Our Website provides an online divorce portal to give visitors a general understanding of the law that pertains to divorce and to provide an automated software solution to individuals who choose to prepare their own divorce documents. Customers need not download or even license our software. Our Website hosts its software as a backend service for customers when they create their own documents. The Site includes general information on commonly encountered divorce issues. At no time do we review your answers for legal sufficiency, draw legal conclusions, provide legal advice, opinions or recommendations about your legal rights, remedies, defenses, options, selection of forms, or strategies, or apply the law to the facts of your particular situation. Company is not a law firm and may not perform services performed by an attorney. Company, its Services, and its forms or templates are not a substitute for the advice or services of an attorney.
We strive to keep our legal documents accurate, current and up-to-date. However, because the law changes rapidly, we cannot guarantee that all of the information on the Site or Applications is completely current. The law is different from jurisdiction to jurisdiction, and may be subject to interpretation by different courts. The law is a personal matter, and no general information or divorce tool like the kind Company provides can fit every circumstance. Furthermore, the divorce information contained on the Site and Applications is not legal advice and is not guaranteed to be correct, complete or up-to-date. Therefore, if you need legal advice for your specific problem, or if your specific problem is too complex to be addressed by our tools, you should consult a licensed attorney in your area.
From time to time, Company may perform certain attorney access services and introduce our visitors to attorneys through various methods. At no time is an attorney-client relationship fostered or created with Company through the performance of any such services.
This Site and Applications are not intended to create any attorney-client relationship, and your use of Company does not and will not create an attorney-client relationship between you and Company. Instead, you are and will be representing yourself in any legal matter you undertake through Company's legal document service.
I understand that my purchase provides access to the platform and support services for thirty days. After thirty days, access automatically renews monthly and my card will automatically be charged the current rate, as indicated at my time of purchase (rate subject to change). Cancel renewals anytime by visiting My Profile
Storage Subscription. If you have purchased the Company Storage subscription, Company will electronically store your documents and data for easy data recovery. Customers using Company Storage are encouraged to keep original copies of their documents in a secure location. Notice that by canceling Storage subscription you give Company permission to delete all your data from our storage.
Fees. When you purchase a subscription, you will be charged in accordance with the billing terms in effect at the time of your initial purchase. If you purchase a subscription that is charged in full on purchase, in each renewal period for that subscription, you must pay the total cost of the next subscription period by the first day of that period. For each subscription, your charge remains for each subscription period no matter if you access the services or Site during any subscription term. In other words, EVEN IF YOU DO NOT USE THE SUBSCRIPTION, INCLUDING ACCESSING QUESTIONNAIRES, SUPPORT SERVICES, OR OTHER BENEFITS, YOU ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR SUBSCRIPTION FEES UNTIL YOU CANCEL YOUR SUBSCRIPTION OR IT IS OTHERWISE TERMINATED.
Billing. You must provide valid credit card information at the time of purchase to allow payment for the initial membership term of a subscription.
Renewals. For your automatically renewing subscriptions, your subscription will renew at the end of the initial membership term (the “Billing Date”) and at the end of each successive membership term, until you notify us that you want to terminate your subscription under these Terms or your subscription is otherwise terminated. If you do not notify us, your credit card will automatically be charged for the renewal term of your subscription on your Billing Date. If your purchase date is on the 29th through 31st day of any month, your Billing Date for renewals in months with fewer days will fall on the last day of the month. Company may adjust your Billing Date in subsequent renewal periods without notice. This will be reflected by a charge to your account on a prorated basis according to the number of days that have passed since the Billing Date of your latest renewal charge. Unless Company otherwise notifies you in advance under these Subscription Terms, the renewal charge will be equal to the original purchase price for the subscription. Company may obtain automatic updates for any expiring credit cards you have provided.
You must pay Company the fees associated with your subscription. Additional discounts may be available for members purchasing multiple months up front or as part of certain promotions.
Notice of Automatic Renewal. We may send a reminder email to your account’s email address of record before your Billing Date. Unless required by law in the state where you reside, Company is not obligated to provide this notice. You acknowledge that (i) your failure to read, (ii) your inability to receive, or (iii) Company’s failure to send the email creates no liability for Company.
Promotional Trial Memberships.We sometimes offer customers trial memberships, all of which are subject to these Subscription Terms (unless otherwise stated in the offer). For a trial or other promotional membership with no initial charge, you agree we may authorize a charge of up to one dollar ($1) to your method of payment to verify your payment source. AT THE COMPLETION OF A TRIAL MEMBERSHIP, UNLESS YOU CHOOSE TO CANCEL BY CALLING 877-483-0117 OR THROUGH MY PROFILE YOUR SUBSCRIPTION WILL RENEW AUTOMATICALLY AND YOUR CREDIT CARD WILL BE CHARGED TO BEGIN YOUR INITIAL MEMBERSHIP TERM.
Responsibility for Misuse. You may not: (i) license, sublicense, sell, resell, transfer, assign, distribute, or otherwise make available to any party the benefits granted to you by or any content in your subscription; or (ii) change, reproduce, reverse engineer, make derivative works based on or referring to, or in any way exploit the licenses you have been granted with your subscription, or content or source code in your subscription
You are responsible for all expenses incurred or other actions that may occur through your use of a subscription. You must alert us immediately of any fraudulent, unauthorized, illegal, or suspicious use of a subscription or subscription benefits, or any other breach of security or unauthorized or illegal activity that you reasonably suspect.
Changes to Subscriptions.
General Changes. Company may discontinue the offering of a subscription, including the functionality, content, or availability of any features of subscriptions or Third-Party Services, at any time in its sole discretion. We may also impose limits on features and services or restrict your access to all or part of the subscription. However, you have the right to cancel your membership should we materially decrease benefits. If we add new features to a subscription, the new features will be subject to these Subscription Terms. If you add a product or service to your subscription, Company has the discretion to charge you a prorated portion of the costs to align your renewal date with your current subscription. Company will provide you notice before doing so.
Fee Adjustments. Company may increase subscription fees by notifying you of new fees at least 30 days before the beginning of a renewal term. The new fees will be effective on the first day of the renewal term. If you do not cancel your subscription, you will be deemed to have accepted the new fees for the renewal term and subsequent renewal terms (unless the fees are increased in the same manner for a subsequent renewal term). Reductions in fees become effective on the first day of the next renewal term without a pro rata adjustment for the period covered under the prior fee schedule.
Renewal Term Adjustments. Company offers subscriptions of various lengths. Company may increase the renewal term from monthly, quarterly, or otherwise, to quarterly, annually, or otherwise at our discretion by notifying you of the new renewal term at least 30 days before the beginning of a renewal term. If you do not cancel your subscription, you will be deemed to have accepted the new renewal term moving forward (unless the renewal term is changed in the same manner for a subsequent renewal term).
Discontinuation and Replacement of Subscriptions. Should Company cease to offer your subscription, we can discontinue your subscription, continue to provide it to you, or provision a replacement (similar or comparable product) at the then-current price. Additional fees may be charged for such replacement subscription. Company will notify you of new fees at least 30 days before they become effective.
By Subscriber. You may upgrade or downgrade your subscription to other available options at any time by calling our Customer Care Center at 877-483-0117 or by cancelling online at My Profile.
Termination or Cancellation.
By Company. Company may terminate your use of all or part of the subscriptions in its sole discretion. As your sole remedy, we will refund to you any prepaid fees specifically related to the current term of that subscription.
Your right to use a subscription is subject to any limits established by Company or by your credit card issuer. If payment cannot be charged to your credit card or your charge is returned for any reason, including through a chargeback, Company may, in its sole and absolute discretion, suspend or terminate your access and account, which will terminate these Subscription Terms and our obligations under them. If a charge made to your credit card is declined, Company may, but is not obligated to, contact you and may make multiple attempts to bill that card over a thirty-day period.
If you wish to reactivate your account after a termination, the new term begins on the reactivation date.
By Subscriber. You may cancel your subscription at any time by calling our Customer Care Center at 877-483-0117 or by cancelling online at My Profile. After you have cancelled, your subscription will remain active until the end of then-current period.
Services After Termination. After your subscription is terminated or your membership term has ended, you will not be able to access the corresponding subscription offerings.
When you open an account to use or access certain portions of the Site, Applications, or the Services, you must provide complete and accurate information as requested on the registration form and on the divorce questionnaire. You will also be asked to provide a user name and password. You are entirely responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of your password. You may not use a third party's account, user name or password at any time. You agree to notify Company immediately of any unauthorized use of your account, user name or password. Company shall not be liable for any losses you incur as a result of someone else's use of your account or password, either with or without your knowledge. You may be held liable for any losses incurred by Company, our affiliates, officers, directors, employees, consultants, agents and representatives due to someone else's use of your account or password.
3. Ownership. This Site and Applications are owned and operated by Company. All right, title and interest in and to the materials provided on this Site and Applications, including but not limited to information, documents, logos, graphics, sounds and images (the "Materials") are owned either by Company or by our respective third party authors, developers or vendors ("Third Party Providers"). Except as otherwise expressly provided by Company, none of the Materials may be copied, reproduced, republished, downloaded, uploaded, posted, displayed, transmitted or distributed in any way and nothing on this Site or on any Applications shall be construed to confer any license under any of Company’s intellectual property rights, whether by estoppel, implication or otherwise. Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions about obtaining such licenses. Company does not sell, license, lease or otherwise provide any of the Materials other than those specifically identified as being provided by Company. Any rights not expressly granted herein are reserved by Company.
5. ATTORNEY ADVERTISEMENT. Attorneys advertised on this site are independent attorneys. See the attorney in your area who's responsible for these advertisements. CompletePrenup is not an "attorney referral service" or a law firm.
Notice to Alabama customers: No representation is made that the quality of the legal services to be performed is greater than the quality of legal services performed by other lawyers.
Notice to Missouri customers: The choice of a lawyer is an important decision and should not be based solely upon advertisements.
Notice to New York customers: Prior results do not guarantee a similar outcome.
6. Links to Third Party Sites. This Site and Applications may contain links to websites controlled by parties other than Company (each a "Third Party Site"). Company works with a number of partners and affiliates whose sites are linked with Company. Company may also provide links to other citations or resources with whom it is not affiliated. Company is not responsible for and does not endorse or accept any responsibility for the availability, contents, products, services or use of any Third Party Site, any website accessed from a Third Party Site or any changes or updates to such sites. Company makes no guarantees about the content or quality of the products or services provided by such sites. Company is not responsible for webcasting or any other form of transmission received from any Third Party Site. Company is providing these links to you only as a convenience, and the inclusion of any link does not imply endorsement by Company of the Third Party Site, nor does it imply that Company sponsors, is affiliated or associated with, guarantees, or is legally authorized to use any trade name, registered trademark, logo, legal or official seal, or copyrighted symbol that may be reflected in the links. You acknowledge that you bear all risks associated with access to and use of content provided on a Third Party Site and agree that Company is not responsible for any loss or damage of any sort you may incur from dealing with a third party. You should contact the site administrator for the applicable Third Party Site if you have any concerns regarding such links or the content located on any such Third Party Site.
7. DISPUTE RESOLUTION BY BINDING ARBITRATION.
Please read this carefully. It affects your rights.
Most customer concerns can be resolved quickly and to the customer's satisfaction by calling our Customer Care Center at 877-483-0117. In the unlikely event that the Company Customer Care Center is unable to resolve your complaint to your satisfaction (or if Company has not been able to resolve a dispute it has with you after attempting to do so informally), we each agree to resolve those disputes through binding arbitration or in small claims court rather than in a court of general jurisdiction.Arbitration is less formal than a lawsuit in court. Arbitration uses a neutral arbitrator instead of a judge or jury, allows for more limited discovery than a court does, and is subject to very limited review by courts. Any arbitration under these Terms will take place on an individual basis; class arbitrations and class actions are not permitted. While in some instances, upfront costs to file an arbitration claim may exceed similar costs to bring a case in court, for any non-frivolous claim that does not exceed $75,000, Company will pay all costs of the arbitration. Moreover, in arbitration you may recover attorney's fees from Company to the same extent or more as you would in court. The arbitrator shall apply the same limitations period that would apply in court.
Under certain circumstances (as explained below), Company will pay you more than the amount of the arbitrator's award and will pay your attorney (if any) his or her reasonable attorney's fees if the arbitrator awards you an amount greater than what Company offered you to settle the dispute.
You may speak with independent counsel before using this Site or completing any purchase.
(a) Company and you agree to arbitrate all disputes and claims between us before a single arbitrator. The types of disputes and claims we agree to arbitrate are intended to be broadly interpreted. It applies, without limitation, to:
For the purposes of this Arbitration Agreement, references to " Company," "you," and "us" include our respective subsidiaries, affiliates, agents, employees, employers, business partners, shareholders, predecessors in interest, successors, and assigns, as well as all authorized or unauthorized users or beneficiaries of services or products under these Terms or any prior agreements between us. Beneficiaries include, but are not limited to, spouses, children, dependents, or others named in divorce documents.
Notwithstanding the foregoing, either party may bring an individual action in small claims court. This arbitration agreement does not preclude your bringing issues to the attention of federal, state, or local agencies. Such agencies can, if the law allows, seek relief against us on your behalf. You agree that, by entering into these Terms, you and Company are each waiving the right to a trial by jury or to participate in a class action. These Terms evidence a transaction or website use in interstate commerce, and thus the Federal Arbitration Act (“FAA”) governs the interpretation and enforcement of this provision. This arbitration provision will survive termination of these Terms.
(b) A party who intends to seek arbitration must first send, by U.S. certified mail, a written Notice of Dispute ("Notice") to the other party. A Notice to Company should be addressed to: Notice of Dispute, General Counsel, Divorce Filler LLC, 16192 Coastal Highway, Lewes, DE 19958 (the "Notice Address"). The Notice must (a) describe the nature and basis of the claim or dispute and (b) set forth the specific relief sought ("Demand"). If Company and you do not reach an agreement to resolve the claim within 30 days after the Notice is received, you or Company may commence an arbitration proceeding. During the arbitration, the amount of any settlement offer made by Company or you shall not be disclosed to the arbitrator until after the arbitrator determines the amount, if any, to which you or Company is entitled.
(c) After Company receives notice at the Notice Address that you have commenced arbitration, it will promptly reimburse you for your payment of the filing fee, unless your claim is for more than $75,000. (Currently, the filing fee for consumer-initiated arbitrations is $200, but this is subject to change by the arbitration provider. If you are unable to pay this fee, Company will pay it directly after receiving a written request at the Notice Address.) The arbitration will be governed by the Consumer Arbitration Rules (the "AAA Rules") of the American Arbitration Association (the "AAA"), as modified by these Terms, for all claims under $75,000, and the applicable rules as determined by the AAA for all claims of or above $75,000, and will be administered by the AAA. The AAA Rules are available online at www.adr.org or by calling the AAA at 1-800-778-7879. The arbitrator is bound by these Terms. All issues are for the arbitrator to decide, except that issues relating to the scope, enforceability, and interpretation of the arbitration provision and the scope, enforceability, and interpretation of paragraph (f) are for the court to decide. Unless Company and you agree otherwise, any arbitration hearings will take place in the county (or parish) of your contact address. If your claim is for $10,000 or less, you may choose whether the arbitration will be conducted solely on the basis of documents submitted to the arbitrator, by a telephonic hearing, or by an in-person hearing as established by the AAA Rules. If you choose to proceed either in person or by telephone, we may choose to respond only by telephone or submission. If your claim exceeds $10,000, the AAA Rules will determine whether you have a right to a hearing. The parties agree that in any arbitration of a dispute or claim, neither party will rely for preclusive effect on any award or finding of fact or conclusion of law made in any other arbitration of any dispute or claim to which Company was a party. Except as otherwise provided for herein, Company will pay all AAA filing, administration, and arbitrator fees for any arbitration initiated in accordance with the notice requirements above. If, however, the arbitrator finds that either the substance of your claim or the relief sought in the Demand is frivolous or brought for an improper purpose (as measured by the standards set forth in Federal Rule of Civil Procedure 11(b)), then the payment of all such fees will be governed by the AAA Rules. In such case, you agree to reimburse Company for all monies previously disbursed by it that are otherwise your obligation to pay under the AAA Rules. In addition, if you initiate an arbitration in which you seek relief valued at more than $75,000 (excluding attorney’s fees and expenses), the payment of these fees will be governed by the AAA rules.
(d) For claims under $75,000, if, after finding in your favor in any respect on the merits of your claim, the arbitrator issues you an award that is greater than the value of Company's last written settlement offer made before an arbitrator was selected, then Company will:
If Company did not make a written offer to settle the dispute before an arbitrator was selected, you and your attorney will be entitled to receive the alternative payment and the attorney's fees, respectively, if the arbitrator awards you any relief on the merits. The arbitrator may make rulings and resolve disputes as to the payment and reimbursement of fees, expenses, and the alternative payment and the attorney's fees at any time during the proceeding and upon request from either party made within 14 days of the arbitrator's ruling on the merits. In assessing whether an award that includes attorney’s fees or expenses is greater than the value of Company’s last written settlement offer, the arbitrator shall include in his or her calculations only the value of any attorney’s fees or expenses you reasonably incurred in connection with the arbitration proceeding before Company’s settlement offer.
(e) The right to attorney's fees and expenses discussed in paragraph (d) supplements any right to attorney's fees and expenses you may have under applicable law. Thus, if you would be entitled to a larger amount under applicable law, this provision does not preclude the arbitrator from awarding you that amount. However, you may not recover duplicative awards of attorney's fees or costs. Although under some laws Company may have a right to an award of attorney's fees and expenses if it prevails in an arbitration proceeding, Company will not seek such an award for claims under $75,000.
(f) The arbitrator may award injunctive relief only in favor of the individual party seeking relief and only to the extent necessary to provide relief warranted by that party's individual claim. YOU AND COMPANY AGREE THAT EACH MAY BRING CLAIMS AGAINST THE OTHER ONLY IN YOUR OR ITS INDIVIDUAL CAPACITIES AND NOT AS PLAINTIFFS OR CLASS MEMBERS IN ANY PURPORTED CLASS OR REPRESENTATIVE PROCEEDING OR IN THE CAPACITY OF A PRIVATE ATTORNEY GENERAL. Further, unless both you and Company agree otherwise, the arbitrator may not consolidate more than one person's claims, and may not otherwise preside over any form of a representative or class proceeding. The arbitrator may award any relief that a court could award that is individualized to the claimant and would not affect other customers. Neither you nor we may seek non-individualized relief that would affect other customers. If a court decides that applicable law precludes enforcement of any of this paragraph's limitations as to a particular claim for relief, then that claim (and only that claim) must be severed from the arbitration and may be brought in court.
(g) If the amount in dispute exceeds $75,000 or either party seeks any form of injunctive relief, either party may appeal the award to a three-arbitrator panel administered by AAA by a written notice of appeal within thirty (30) days from the date of entry of the written arbitration award. An award of injunctive relief shall be stayed during any such appeal. The members of the three-arbitrator panel will be selected according to AAA rules. The three-arbitrator panel will issue its decision within one hundred and twenty (120) days of the date of the appealing party's notice of appeal. The decision of the three-arbitrator panel shall be final and binding, subject to any right of judicial review that exists under the FAA.
(h) Notwithstanding any provision in the applicable Terms to the contrary, we agree that if we make any future change to this arbitration provision (other than a change to any notice address, website link or telephone number provided herein), that change will not apply to any dispute of which we had written notice on the effective date of the change. Moreover, if we seek to terminate this arbitration provision, any such termination will not be effective until at least thirty (30) days after written notice of such termination is provided to you, and shall not be effective as to disputes which arose prior to the date of termination.
Rights and Responsibilities of Company.
Company is not the publisher or author of the User Content. Company takes no responsibility and assumes no liability for any content posted by you or any third party.
Although we cannot make an absolute guarantee of system security, Company takes reasonable steps to maintain security. If you have reason to believe system security has been breached, contact us by email for help.
If Company’s technical staff finds that files or processes belonging to a member pose a threat to the proper technical operation of the system or to the security of other members, Company reserves the right to delete those files or to stop those processes. If the Company technical staff suspects a user name is being used by someone who is not authorized by the proper user, Company may temporarily disable that user's access in order to preserve system security. Company will attempt to contact the member as soon as feasible.
Company has the right (but not the obligation), in our sole and absolute discretion, to edit, redact, remove, re-categorize to a more appropriate location or otherwise change any User Content.
Company may post User Content on any of our family of sites and User Content on this site may have been collected from any of our family of sites.
Rights and Responsibilities of Company Users or Other Posters of User Content.
You are legally and ethically responsible for any User Content - writings, files, pictures or any other work - that you post or transmit using any Company service that allows interaction or dissemination of information. In posting User Content, you agree that you will not submit any content:
Attorneys that submit User Content and provide advice do so at their own risk.
Under United States federal law, you retain copyright on all works you create and post as User Content, unless you choose specifically to renounce it. In posting a work as User Content, you authorize other members who have access to that service to make personal and customary use of the work, including creating links or reposting, but not otherwise to reproduce or disseminate it unless you give permission for such dissemination.
You grant Company a perpetual, irrevocable, royalty-free, transferable right and license to use, copy, modify, delete in its entirety, adapt, publish, translate, create derivative works from, sell, distribute, and/or incorporate such content into any form, medium, or technology throughout the world without compensation to you. You have the right to remove any of your works from User Content at any time.
You are not required to provide your real name when signing up as a user of Company. Company permits anonymous or pseudonymous accounts. Any user may request that such member's email address be hidden to provide for additional privacy.
Ratings and reviews will generally be posted in two to four business days.
By submitting your email address in connection with your rating and review, you agree that Company may use your email address to contact you about the status of your review and other administrative purposes.
10. NO WARRANTY. THE SITE, APPLICATIONS, AND ALL MATERIALS, DOCUMENTS OR FORMS PROVIDED ON OR THROUGH YOUR USE OF THE SITE OR APPLICATIONS ARE PROVIDED ON AN "AS IS" AND "AS AVAILABLE" BASIS. TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, COMPANY EXPRESSLY DISCLAIMS ALL WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, WHETHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, TITLE AND NON-INFRINGEMENT.
COMPANY MAKES NO WARRANTY THAT: (A) THE SITE, APPLICATIONS, OR THE MATERIALS WILL MEET YOUR REQUIREMENTS; (B) THE SITE, APPLICATIONS, OR THE MATERIALS WILL BE AVAILABLE ON AN UNINTERRUPTED, TIMELY, SECURE OR ERROR-FREE BASIS; (C) THE RESULTS THAT MAY BE OBTAINED FROM THE USE OF THE SITE, APPLICATIONS, OR ANY MATERIALS OFFERED THROUGH THE SITE OR APPLICATIONS, WILL BE ACCURATE OR RELIABLE; OR (D) THE QUALITY OF ANY PRODUCTS, SERVICES, INFORMATION OR OTHER MATERIAL PURCHASED OR OBTAINED BY YOU THROUGH THE SITE, APPLICATIONS, OR IN RELIANCE ON THE MATERIALS WILL MEET YOUR EXPECTATIONS.
OBTAINING ANY MATERIALS THROUGH THE USE OF THE SITE OR APPLICATIONS IS DONE AT YOUR OWN DISCRETION AND AT YOUR OWN RISK. COMPANY SHALL HAVE NO RESPONSIBILITY FOR ANY DAMAGE TO YOUR COMPUTER SYSTEM OR LOSS OF DATA THAT RESULTS FROM THE DOWNLOAD OF ANY CONTENT, MATERIALS, INFORMATION OR SOFTWARE.
NOTWITHSTANDING THE ABOVE, COMPANY OFFERS A GUARANTEE, THE TERMS OF WHICH ARE AVAILABLE HERE. THIS DISCLAIMER OF WARRANTY DOES NOT APPLY TO THE PURCHASE OF PRODUCTS OR SERVICES BY NORTH CAROLINA CONSUMERS OR WHERE OTHERWISE PROHIBITED BY LAW.
11. LIMITATION OF LIABILITY AND INDEMNIFICATION. EXCEPT AS PROHIBITED BY LAW, YOU WILL HOLD COMPANY AND ITS OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, EMPLOYEES, AND AGENTS HARMLESS FOR ANY INDIRECT, PUNITIVE, SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL, OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGE, HOWEVER IT ARISES (INCLUDING ATTORNEYS' FEES AND ALL RELATED COSTS AND EXPENSES OF LITIGATION AND ARBITRATION, OR AT TRIAL OR ON APPEAL, IF ANY, WHETHER OR NOT LITIGATION OR ARBITRATION IS INSTITUTED), WHETHER IN AN ACTION OF CONTRACT, NEGLIGENCE, OR OTHER TORTIOUS ACTION, OR ARISING OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH THIS AGREEMENT, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION ANY CLAIM FOR PERSONAL INJURY OR PROPERTY DAMAGE, ARISING FROM THIS AGREEMENT AND ANY VIOLATION BY YOU OF ANY FEDERAL, STATE, OR LOCAL LAWS, STATUTES, RULES, OR REGULATIONS, EVEN IF COMPANY HAS BEEN PREVIOUSLY ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGE. EXCEPT AS PROHIBITED BY LAW, IF THERE IS LIABILITY FOUND ON THE PART OF COMPANY, IT WILL BE LIMITED TO THE AMOUNT PAID FOR THE PRODUCTS AND/OR SERVICES, AND UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES WILL THERE BE CONSEQUENTIAL OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES. SOME STATES DO NOT ALLOW THE EXCLUSION OR LIMITATION OF PUNITIVE, INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, SO THE PRIOR LIMITATION OR EXCLUSION MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU. THIS PARAGRAPH DOES NOT APPLY TO NORTH CAROLINA CONSUMERS.
12. Unsolicited Submissions. Except as may be required in connection with your use of Company Services, Company does not want you to submit confidential or proprietary information to us through this Site or any Applications. All comments, feedback, information or material submitted to Company through or in association with this Site shall be considered non-confidential and Company’s property. By providing such submissions to Company you hereby assign to Company, at no charge, all worldwide right, title and interest in and to the submissions and any intellectual property rights associated therewith. Company shall be free to use and/or disseminate such submissions on an unrestricted basis for any purpose. You acknowledge that you are responsible for the submissions that you provide, including their legality, reliability, appropriateness, originality and content.
13. Compliance with Intellectual Property Laws. When accessing Company or using the Company legal document Service, you agree to obey the law and you agree to respect the intellectual property rights of others. Your use of the Service and the Site is at all times governed by and subject to laws regarding copyright, trademark and other intellectual property ownership. You agree not to upload, download, display, perform, transmit or otherwise distribute any information or content in violation of any third party's copyrights, trademarks or other intellectual property or proprietary rights. You agree to abide by laws regarding copyright ownership and use of intellectual property, and you shall be solely responsible for any violations of any relevant laws and for any infringements of third party rights caused by any content you provide or transmit or that is provided or transmitted using your Company user account.
Company has adopted a policy that provides for the immediate removal of any content, article or materials that have infringed on the rights of Company or of a third party or that violate intellectual property rights generally. Company’s policy is to remove such infringing content or materials and investigate such allegations immediately.
Notice. Company has in place certain legally mandated procedures regarding allegations of copyright infringement occurring on the Site or with the Service. The Company has adopted a policy that provides for the immediate suspension and/or termination of any Site or Service user who is found to have infringed the rights of the Company or of a third party, or otherwise violated any intellectual laws or regulations. The Company's policy is to act expeditiously upon receipt of proper notification of claimed copyright infringement to remove or disable access to the allegedly infringing content. If you have evidence, know, or have a good faith belief that your rights or the rights of a third party have been violated and you want the Company to delete, edit, or disable the material in question, you must provide the Company with the following information in writing (see 17 U.S.C 512(c)(3) for further detail): (1) A physical or electronic signature of a person authorized to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed; (2) Identification of the copyrighted work claimed to have been infringed, or, if multiple copyrighted works at a single online site are covered by a single notification, a representative list of such works at that site; (3) Identification of the material that is claimed to be infringing or to be the subject of infringing activity and that is to be removed or access to which is to be disabled and information reasonably sufficient to permit the service provider to locate the material; (4) Information reasonably sufficient to permit the Company to contact you, such as an address, telephone number, and, if available, email address; (5) A statement that you have a good faith belief that use of the material in the manner complained of is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law; and (6) A statement that the information in the notification is accurate, and under penalty of perjury, that you are authorized to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed.
The above written information must be sent to our registered Copyright Agent:
c/o OnlineDivorce.com LLC
200 Continental Drive
Suite 401 Newark, DE 19713
Counter-Notice. If you believe that your Content that was removed (or to which access was disabled) is not infringing, or that you have the authorization from the copyright owner, the copyright owner's agent, or pursuant to the law, to post and use the material in your Content, you may send a written counter-notice containing the following information to the Copyright Agent: (1) Your physical or electronic signature; (2) Identification of the Content that has been removed or to which access has been disabled and the location at which the Content appeared before it was removed or disabled; (3) A statement that you have a good faith belief that the Content was removed or disabled as a result of mistake or a misidentification of the Content; and (4) Your name, address, telephone number, and email address, a statement that you consent to the jurisdiction of the federal court in Seattle, WA, and a statement that you will accept service of process from the person who provided notification of the alleged infringement. If a counter-notice is received by the Copyright Agent, the Company may send a copy of the counter-notice to the original complaining party informing that person that it may replace the removed Content or cease disabling it in 10 business days. Unless the copyright owner files an action seeking a court order against the Content provider, member or user, the removed Content may be replaced, or access to it restored, in 10 to 14 business days or more after receipt of the counter-notice, at the Company's sole discretion.
15. Compliance with Export Restrictions. You may not access, download, use or export the Site, Applications, or the Materials in violation of United States export laws or regulations or in violation of any other applicable laws or regulations. You agree to comply with all export laws and restrictions and regulations of any United States or foreign agency or authority and to assume sole responsibility for obtaining licenses to export or re-export as may be required. You acknowledge and agree that the Materials are subject to the United States Export Administration Laws and Regulations and agree that none of the Materials or any direct product therefrom is being or will be acquired for, shipped, transferred or re-exported, directly or indirectly, to proscribed or embargoed countries or their nationals or used for any prohibited purpose.
16. Metrics. Metrics displayed on this Site may include timeframes, quantities, and other numbers combined from across our family of sites.
17. Standardized State Forms. Many states have standardized forms for divorce and other matters. Unfortunately, many people find completing them difficult. As part of our mission to simplify and provide affordable access to legal protections, we provide an automated process that allows you, our customer, to prepare your own forms more simply. We do not charge you for the form. In fact, sample versions are available to view without charge. We charge for use of our Site, educational resources, and the related materials and services we provide.
18. Personal Use. The site is made available for your personal use on your own behalf.
19. User and Authorized Contact Access to Order Information. The Company will give you, or anyone you designate as allowed “spouse access,” information about your order. This may include information about the nature and status of your order, information you provided to process your order, payment information, and contact information. If you want someone to have access to your order, you must provide him or her spouse access or they may not obtain information. You can confirm who is authorized for access to your account, add new authorized contacts, or remove authorized contacts by clicking first on "My Profile", and then on "Spouse Access." You can then designate the individual as having edit or only view access.
20. Children. Minors are not eligible to use the Site or Applications and we ask that they do not submit any personal information to us.
21. Customers Needing Extra Assistance. Company aims to provide full access to its website and product offerings regardless of disability. If you are unable to read any part of the Website, or otherwise have difficulties using the Website, please call 877-483-0117 and our customer care team will assist you.
23. Copyrights. All Site design, text, graphics, the selection and arrangement thereof, Copyright ©, Divorce Filler LLC ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.
24. Trademarks. Divorce Filler LLC, DivorceFiller, all images and text, and all page headers, custom graphics and button icons are service marks, trademarks and/or trade dress of Company. All other trademarks, product names and company names or logos cited herein are the property of their respective owners.
25. Inquiries. BY USING COMPANY'S SERVICES OR ACCESSING THE COMPANY SITE OR APPLICATIONS, YOU ACKNOWLEDGE AND ACCEPT THAT SUBMITTING YOUR TELEPHONE NUMBER OR EMAIL ADDRESS TO COMPANY VIA THE COMPANY SITE OR APPLICATIONS CONSTITUTES AN INQUIRY TO COMPANY, AND THAT COMPANY MAY CONTACT YOU AT THE NUMBER SUBMITTED OR EMAIL ADDRESS EVEN IF SUCH NUMBER APPEARS ON ANY STATE OR FEDERAL DO NOT CALL LISTS (TAKING INTO ACCOUNT INQUIRY EXCEPTION TIME FRAMES AS APPROPRIATE).
26. Right to Refuse. You acknowledge that Company reserves the right to refuse service to anyone and to cancel user access at any time.
1. I understand and agree that DivorceFiller.com (“Company” or “Site”) is not a law firm or an attorney, may not perform services performed by an attorney, and its forms or templates are not the substitute for the advice or services of an attorney. Rather, I am representing myself in this legal matter. No attorney-client relationship or privilege is created with Company.
2. If, prior to my purchase, I believe that Company gave me any legal advice, opinion or recommendation about my legal rights, remedies, defenses, options, selection of forms or strategies, I will not proceed with this purchase, and any purchase that I do make will be null and void.
3. I understand that these Terms require the use of arbitration on an individual basis to resolve disputes, rather than jury trials or class actions, and also limit the remedies available to me in the event of a dispute as described in the Company Arbitration Agreement, contained in Paragraph 15 of these Terms of Service.
Promotional Trial Memberships. We sometimes offer customers trial memberships, all of which are subject to these Subscription Terms (unless otherwise stated in the offer). For a trial or other promotional membership with no initial charge, you agree we may authorize a charge of up to one dollar ($1) to your method of payment to verify your payment source. AT THE COMPLETION OF A TRIAL MEMBERSHIP, UNLESS YOU CHOOSE TO CANCEL BY CALLING 877-483-0117 OR THROUGH MY PROFILE YOUR SUBSCRIPTION WILL RENEW AUTOMATICALLY AND YOUR CREDIT CARD WILL BE CHARGED TO BEGIN YOUR INITIAL MEMBERSHIP TERM.
Responsibility for Misuse. You may not: (i) license, sublicense, sell, resell, transfer, assign,
distribute, or otherwise make available to any party the benefits granted to you by or any content
in your subscription; or (ii) change, reproduce, reverse engineer, make derivative works based on
or referring to, or in any way exploit the licenses you have been granted with your subscription,
or content or source code in your subscription
You are responsible for all expenses incurred or other actions that may occur through your use of a subscription. You must alert us immediately of any fraudulent, unauthorized, illegal, or suspicious use of a subscription or subscription benefits, or any other breach of security or unauthorized or illegal activity that you reasonably suspect.
Changes to Subscriptions.
Termination or Cancellation
Company may terminate your use of all or part of the subscriptions in its sole discretion. As your sole remedy, we will refund to you any prepaid fees specifically related to the current term of that subscription.
5. Limitation of Liability and Indemnification. EXCEPT AS PROHIBITED BY LAW, I WILL HOLD COMPANY AND ITS OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, EMPLOYEES, AND AGENTS HARMLESS FOR ANY INDIRECT, PUNITIVE, SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL, OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGE, HOWEVER IT ARISES (INCLUDING ATTORNEYS' FEES AND ALL RELATED COSTS AND EXPENSES OF LITIGATION AND ARBITRATION, OR AT TRIAL OR ON APPEAL, IF ANY, WHETHER OR NOT LITIGATION OR ARBITRATION IS INSTITUTED), WHETHER IN AN ACTION OF CONTRACT, NEGLIGENCE, OR OTHER TORTIOUS ACTION, OR ARISING OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH THIS AGREEMENT, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION ANY CLAIM FOR PERSONAL INJURY OR PROPERTY DAMAGE, ARISING FROM THIS AGREEMENT AND ANY VIOLATION BY ME OF ANY FEDERAL, STATE, OR LOCAL LAWS, STATUTES, RULES, OR REGULATIONS, EVEN IF COMPANY HAS BEEN PREVIOUSLY ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGE. EXCEPT AS PROHIBITED BY LAW, IF THERE IS LIABILITY FOUND ON THE PART OF COMPANY, IT WILL BE LIMITED TO THE AMOUNT PAID FOR THE PRODUCTS AND/OR SERVICES AND UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES WILL THERE BE CONSEQUENTIAL OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES. SOME STATES DO NOT ALLOW THE EXCLUSION OR LIMITATION OF PUNITIVE, INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, SO THE PRIOR LIMITATION OR EXCLUSION MAY NOT APPLY TO ME. THIS PARAGRAPH DOES NOT APPLY TO NORTH CAROLINA CUSTOMERS.
7. Platinum Service. If you choose to purchase our Platinum Service (sometimes called our Platinum Service), the following provisions apply to you:
You are responsible for paying court filing fees.
You may make unlimited changes to your paperwork prior to the initial shipment to you.
You must review and approve forms for use and confirm your and your spouse’s mailing addresses prior to transmission or shipment for signature.
Once fully signed, we will make your initial filing with the court and either serve the divorce papers on your spouse or arrange for your spouse’s signature, varying by state. Your spouse must be willing to sign the paperwork for us to complete this service. Because significant work will have been performed, your spouse declining to sign the paperwork is not grounds for a refund.
Once your spouse has signed and returned all required paperwork, we will file the spousal documents with the court.
While we provide instructions, future court filings are your responsibility.
We will attempt to notify you if the documents you or your spouse are due to return are not received or are received but incomplete. We will retain incomplete documents or documents that cannot continue in the process for a minimum of 180 days, but may destroy them after that time as we consider the signatures stale. We will retain only electronic copies. This will necessitate repeating the signature process if you desire to move forward. Once we destroy documents we consider stale, we will return associated money orders to you absent you providing and our accepting contrary instructions. Company is not responsible for the cost of money orders lost in return shipping. As a courtesy, we will extend the time we retain stale paperwork for our subscribers, but cannot file them absent fresh signatures.
8. MEDIATION TERMS. If you are offered and/or choose to purchase mediation services, the following provisions apply to you:
Mediators providing services through this site are not attorneys and do not provide legal advice.
Our Mediators are professionals with a wide variety of backgrounds, who are intended to serve as neutral third parties who can assist with navigating disputes with your spouse. Although some Mediators may have professional certifications in law, counseling and similar fields, communication with a Mediator does not establish an attorney-client, therapist-client or doctor-patient relationship. The Company makes no representations or warranties regarding the background, licensure, competency or abilities of the Mediators.
Chat-Based Mediation: A chat-based Mediation Session is a fast paced text exchange between users and Mediators for the purpose of helping parties reach agreements. If you enable a chat-based Mediation Session, you and your spouse will be connected with a Mediator in a live chat. You understand that if you and your spouse are unresponsive for over 8 hours during a Mediation Session, the Mediator may close the session due to inactivity.
Live Mediation: A telephone or video conference Mediation session is a limited-time conversation between users and Mediators for the purpose of helping parties reach agreements.
YOU HEREBY EXPRESSLY AGREE THAT ALL COMMUNICATIONS DURING THE MEDIATION SESSION WILL BE CONFIDENTIAL AND THAT YOU WILL NOT PROVIDE SCREENSHOTS, PHOTOS, COPIES, OR THE CONTENT OF ANY COMMUNICATIONS DURING A MEDIATION SESSION IN ANY COURT PROCEEDING INVOLVING YOUR CO-PARENT. YOU EXPRESSLY ACKNOWLEDGE AND AGREE THAT, WITH RESPECT TO THIS SECTION, YOUR SPOUSE IS A THIRD PARTY BENEFICIARY OF THESE TERMS WITH FULL RIGHT AND AUTHORITY TO SEEK AN ORDER ENJOINING YOUR DISCLOSURE IN VIOLATION OF THIS SECTION. The Company may, but is under no obligation to, bring an action to enforce your compliance with this Section. For clarity, the foregoing confidentiality commitment extends only to Mediation Sessions involving you, your spouse, and a Mediator, and does not extend to any other communications on the Site.
If you are represented by an attorney, you are solely responsible for contacting, communicating and receiving any advice from your attorney before entering into an agreement or communication while engaged with a Mediator.
IF YOU ENGAGE WITH A MEDIATOR, YOU MUST INFORM THE MEDIATOR IF YOU HAVE A CURRENT CIVIL OR CRIMINAL PROTECTIVE ORDER IN PLACE EITHER PROTECTING YOU OR PROHIBITING YOU FROM CONTACT WITH YOUR SPOUSE.
The Company reserves the right to report to law enforcement and other appropriate state agencies if the Company has a reasonable suspicion that a child is suffering from emotional abuse, physical abuse or neglect, or if a Mediator has a reasonable suspicion that an identifiable person is a danger to himself or herself or to another. Safety is of the utmost importance and violence or threats will not be tolerated. The Company, however, has no legal obligation to monitor communications. If you receive threats from your spouse or any other user of the Platform, or if you suspect a child is being harmed, you should report this to the appropriate authorities immediately.
To protect their privacy, mediators may not use their real names.
You expressly agree to pay any and all attorney’s fees and costs incurred by the Company or any of its officers, employees, agents or representatives, if you seek to compel any of them to testify, respond to discovery, authenticate communications or produce documentation.
9. ATTORNEY ADVERTISEMENTS. Attorneys advertised on this site are independent attorneys. See the attorney in your area who's responsible for these advertisements. Company is not an "attorney referral service" or a law firm.
Notice to New York customers: Prior results do not guarantee a similar outcome.
10. Additional Terms. I understand that my purchase may be subject to additional terms and conditions. Any additional terms provided to me are incorporated herein by reference.
12. Future Products and Services. If I choose to add a product or service to my order subsequent to this initial purchase, these Terms of Service will apply to that additional product or service purchase as well.
13. Abandoned Orders. My purchase allows me to create my own legal documents. I understand that, other than as required by applicable law, I shall have no right to cancel, request a cash refund or obtain store credit other than as described by the Company Guarantee. Both parties acknowledge that Company is out of pocket time and money for undertaking the work and both parties fully intend to complete the order. Abandoned orders will result in liquidated damages equal to the amount paid to Company for reimbursement of our commitment to service this order.
14. Suspended Accounts. If Company encounters evidence of suspicious activity in connection with my account, including, but not limited to, evidence that my account is being used by someone who is not authorized to do so, I acknowledge that Company, in its sole discretion, may opt to temporarily disable my account for a reasonable amount of time in order to investigate. In the event that Company disables my account, I understand that, absent a subpoena or court order, no information about my account will be provided to anyone outside Company, including me or any authorized contact, until the investigation is complete. Additionally, I understand that Company, in its sole discretion, may decide not to send any documents associated with my account to me or file any such documents with any government authority, while my account is disabled. I acknowledge that Company will not be liable for any delays caused by these policies and procedures.
15. DISPUTE RESOLUTION BY BINDING ARBITRATION
Please read this carefully. It affects your rights.
Most customer concerns can be resolved quickly and to the customer's satisfaction by calling our Customer Care Center at 877-483-0117. In the unlikely event that the Company Customer Care Center is unable to resolve your complaint to your satisfaction (or if Company has not been able to resolve a dispute it has with you after attempting to do so informally), we each agree to resolve those disputes through binding arbitration or in small claims court rather than in a court of general jurisdiction. Arbitration is less formal than a lawsuit in court. Arbitration uses a neutral arbitrator instead of a judge or jury, allows for more limited discovery than a court does, and is subject to very limited review by courts. Any arbitration under these Terms will take place on an individual basis; class arbitrations and class actions are not permitted. While in some instances, upfront costs to file an arbitration claim may exceed similar costs to bring a case in court, for any non-frivolous claim that does not exceed $75,000, Company will pay all costs of the arbitration. Moreover, in arbitration you may recover attorney's fees from Company to the same extent or more as you would in court. The arbitrator shall apply the same limitations period that would apply in court.
You may speak with independent counsel before using this Site or completing any purchase.
16. Installment Plan.
(a) Offering. The Company Installment Plan (the "Installment Plan") is available as a purchase option for certain products. Upon receipt of my initial payment, I will have access to the post-purchase questionnaires and other support services, but will not be able to complete my order or receive my final documents until I complete my Installment Plan payments.
(b) Billing. By opting into the Installment Plan, I agree to make an initial payment (the "Initial Installment Payment") immediately when I place my order or as otherwise agreed. I hereby authorize Company to charge my credit card for additional installments (each an "Installment Billing Date") on the dates arranged with my authorization. If we select a monthly Installment Plan and my purchase date is on the 29th through 31st day of any month, an Installment Billing Date for months with fewer days will fall on the last day of the month. Each payment will be of the same amount unless otherwise agreed, except that if the total purchase price does not divide evenly into the agreed number of parts, my final installment payment will include all outstanding amounts. I understand that I may pay my outstanding balance at any time without incurring additional charges.
(c) Default. If my credit card is declined, I agree that Company may make multiple attempts to bill that card. If I remain in default on a payment when a subsequent payment is due, I authorize Company to charge any due payment amounts to my credit card. I understand that Company may restrict my ability to use its service, including continuing work on questionnaires, or purchase other Company products if I am delinquent on any payment. I understand that Company may accept late or partial payments, as well as payments that reflect "paid in full" or other restrictive endorsements, without limiting any of its rights under these Terms of Service. I acknowledge that Company is out of pocket time and money for servicing partially paid orders, and fully intend to complete my Installment Plan payments and the order. Abandoned Installment Plans will result in liquidated damages equal to the amount paid to Company for reimbursement of its commitment to service the order.
(d) Notice of Automatic Billing. Company may send a reminder email to the email address of record for my account before my Installment Billing Dates. I acknowledge and agree that this notice is provided as a courtesy only, and Company is not obligated or required to provide such notice. I acknowledge and agree that (i) my failure to read, (ii) my inability to receive, or (iii) the failure of Company to send the email does not create any liability on the part of Company or any third-party service provider.
(e) Disputed Charges. I understand that if I dispute a charge to my credit card, I should call the Company Customer Care Center immediately at 877-483-0117 and Company will investigate the matter.
(f) Account Information. I agree to notify Company immediately of any changes to my credit card number, its expiration date, and/or my billing address, or if my credit card expires or is cancelled for any reason.
17. Delivery. For products delivered via physical shipment, I understand that Company uses a variety of carriers for each shipping option and will choose a delivery method for the shipping option and address I designate. If I select overnight delivery or two-day delivery, I agree that Company may use air or ground shipping as necessary to get my items to me within the promised time frame. The shipping fee indicated does not necessarily represent the actual amount paid by Company to the carrier chosen for the delivery of my order. It may include, in addition to the fees paid to the carrier, Company or third party handling and processing fees. For products delivered electronically, I understand that I will be notified via email when my product is complete and available for download. I understand that I may access my product by logging in to My Account.
18. Reviews. After your purchase, you may receive an email survey request from Company. You may also write a review on the Site. If you complete the survey or submit a review, your opinions may be posted, in whole or in part, on the Site or used in marketing material. The review may be accompanied by limited identifying information, such as your first name and last initial, the product you purchased, your gender, city and/or state, and age range.
19. Access to World Wide Web; Internet Delays. To use Company services, I must obtain access to the World Wide Web, either directly or through devices that access web-based content, and pay any service fees associated with such access. I am responsible for providing all equipment necessary to make such connection to the World Wide Web, including a computer and Internet access. Access to certain Company services may be limited or delayed based on problems inherent in the use of Internet and electronic communications. I understand that Company is not responsible for delays, delivery failures, or other damage resulting from such problems.
20. Notice to California Residents. Under California Civil Code Section 1789.3, California users of our Site are entitled to the following specific consumer rights notice: The Complaint Assistance Unit of the Division of Consumer Digital Services of the California Department of Consumer Affairs may be contacted in writing at 1625 North Market Blvd., Sacramento, CA 95834, or by telephone at (916) 445-1254 or (800) 952-5210.
21. Force Majeure. Company shall not be considered in breach of or default under these Terms of Service or any contract with me, and shall not be liable to me for any cessation, interruption, or delay in the performance of its obligations hereunder by reason of earthquake, flood, fire, storm, lightning, drought, landslide, hurricane, cyclone, typhoon, tornado, natural disaster, act of God or the public enemy, epidemic, famine or plague, action of a court or public authority, change in law, explosion, war, terrorism, armed conflict, labor strike, lockout, boycott or similar event beyond our reasonable control, whether foreseen or unforeseen (each a "Force Majeure Event"). If a Force Majeure Event continues for more than 60 days in the aggregate, Company may immediately terminate these Terms of Service and shall have no liability to me for or as a result of any such termination.
22. Right to refuse. I acknowledge that Company reserves the right to refuse service to anyone.
23. I acknowledge that Company is not a registered or bonded legal document assistant under California Business and Profession Code, sections 6400 et seq. Company is located at 16192 Coastal Highway, Lewes, DE 19958.
24. I acknowledge that I have had the opportunity to view sample templates of Company documents and may call Company Customer Care at 877-483-0117 with questions or for assistance locating sample templates.
25. By proceeding with my purchase, I agree to these Terms of Service.
26. Reviews and metrics compiled across our family of Divorce for All websites.
Effective Date: 1/1/2021
Last Revised on: 12/22/2021
Last Reviewed on: 12/22/2021
DivorceFiller.com, and its affiliates and subsidiaries, (collectively, “DivorceFiller”, “Company”, “Us”, “Our”, or “We”) recognize that you may be concerned about our collection, use, and disclosure of your personal information. We respect your privacy and are committed to providing a transparent notice of our privacy practices.
This policy describes the types of information We may collect from you when you visit our website(s), including www.divorcefiller.com, and/or our mobile application(s) (collectively, our "Site"). This policy also covers information We collect about you offline, from third parties, or when you visit one of our locations or contact us by phone. This policy describes our practices for collecting, using, maintaining, protecting, and disclosing that information.
We collect several types of information from and about you, including:
Social Security numbers are classified as “Confidential” information under Our Information Security and Privacy Policies. As such, Social Security numbers may only be accessed by and disclosed to Our associates and others with a legitimate business purpose in accordance with applicable laws and regulations. Social Security numbers, whether in paper or electronic form, are subject to physical, electronic, and procedural safeguards. These restrictions apply to all Social Security numbers collected or retained by Us in connection with customer, current or former spouse of customer, employee, or other relationships.
We use information that We collect about you or that you provide to us:
We may also disclose your personal information:
We may disclose aggregated information about our users and deidentified data or information that does not identify an individual.
We have implemented reasonable measures designed to secure your personal information from accidental loss and from unauthorized access, use, alteration, and disclosure. The safety and security of your information also depends on you. Where We have given you (or where you have chosen) a password for access to certain parts of our Site, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share your password with anyone.
This Site may contain links to other sites. Please be aware that We are not responsible for the content or privacy practices of such other sites. We encourage our users to be aware when they leave our Site and to read the privacy statements of any other site that collects personally identifiable information.
Our Site is not intended for children under 13 years of age. No one under age 13 may provide any information to or on the Site. We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under 13. If you are under 13, do not use or provide any information to or on this Site or through any of its features.If We learn We have collected or received personal information from a child under 13 without verification of parental consent, We will delete that information. If you believe We might have any information from or about a child under 13, please contact us in one of the ways provided in the Contact Information section, below.
We do not respond to Web browser “do not track” signals or other mechanisms. Other parties may collect personally identifiable information about your activities over time and across different Web sites when a consumer uses our Site or service.
Effective Date: 1/1/2021
Last Revised on: 12/22/2021
Last Reviewed on: 12/22/2021
Notice at or before the point of collection, about the categories of personal information to be collected from you and the purposes for which the personal information will be used.
A comprehensive description of our online and offline practices regarding the collection, use, disclosure, and sale of personal information and of your rights regarding your personal information, including:
The purpose of this Notice at Collection is to provide you with timely notice, at or before the point of collection, about the categories of personal information to be collected from you and the purposes for which the personal information will be used.
|Do We collect?||Categories of Personal Information|
|[ x ]||A. Identifiers: For example, a real name, alias, postal address, unique personal identifier, online identifier, Internet Protocol address, email address, account name, social security number, driver’s license number, passport number, or other similar identifiers.|
|[ x ]||B. Personal Information Categories from Cal. Civ. Code § 1798.80(e): For example, a name, signature, Social Security number, physical characteristics or description, address, telephone number, passport number, driver’s license or state identification card number, insurance policy number, education, employment, employment history, bank account number, credit card number, debit card number, or any other financial information, medical information, or health insurance information.|
|[ x ]||C. Characteristics of CA or Federal Protected Classifications: For example, race, religion, national origin), age (40 and over), gender, sexual orientation, medical condition, ancestry, pregnancy (includes childbirth, breastfeeding and/or related medical conditions), familial status, disability, veteran status, or genetic information.|
|[ x ]||D. Commercial Information: For example, records of personal property, products or services purchased, obtained, or considered, or other purchasing or consuming histories or tendencies.|
|[ _ ]||E. Biometric Information: For example, physiological, biological or behavioral characteristics, including an individual’s deoxyribonucleic acid (DNA), that can be used, singly or in combination with each other or with other identifying data, to establish individual identity. Biometric information includes, but is not limited to, imagery of the iris, retina, fingerprint, face, hand, palm, vein patterns, and voice recordings, from which an identifier template, such as a faceprint, a minutiae template, or a voiceprint, can be extracted, and keystroke patterns or rhythms, gait patterns or rhythms, and sleep, health, or exercise data that contain identifying information.|
|[ x ]||F. Internet or Other Similar Network Activity: For example, browsing history, search history, and information regarding a consumer’s interaction with an Internet Web site, application, or advertisement.|
|[ x ]||G. Geolocation Data: For example, information that can be used to determine a device’s physical location.|
|[ _ ]||H. Sensory or Surveillance Data: For example, audio, electronic, visual, thermal, olfactory, or similar information that can be linked or associated with a particular consumer or household.|
|[ x ]||I. Professional or Employment-Related Information: For example, compensation, evaluations, performance reviews, personnel files and current and past job history.|
|[ x ]||J. Education Information (defined as information that is not publicly available personally identifiable information as defined in the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (20 U.S.C. section 1232g, 34 C.F.R. Part 99)): Education records directly related to a student maintained by an education institution or party acting on its behalf, for example, non-public information that can be used to distinguish or trace an individual’s identity in relation to an educational institution either directly or indirectly through linkages with other information.|
|[ x ]||K. Profile Data: For example, inferences drawn from personal information to create a profile about a consumer reflecting the consumer’s preferences, characteristics, psychological trends, predispositions, behavior, attitudes, intelligence, abilities, and aptitudes.|
Please note that Personal Information does not include:
We use the personal information we collect for one or more of the following business purposes:
We will not collect additional categories of personal information without providing you a new Notice at Collection disclosing those categories.
You have the right to request that we disclose what personal information we collect, use, disclose, and sell. You can do this through a verified consumer request. That process is described below in the section, “Submitting a Verified Consumer Request.”
We collect personal information, which means information that identifies, relates to, describes, is capable of being associated with, or could reasonably be linked, directly or indirectly, with a particular consumer or household (“personal information”). The following table includes disclosures for the preceding 12 months of: categories of personal information we have collected about consumers, the categories we have disclosed for a business purpose, and categories of third parties with whom we shared the personal information during that period.
|Category||In the preceding 12 months this category was:||Categories of third parties to whom the information was disclosed|
|A. Identifiers||[ x ]||[ x ]||
|B. Personal Information Categories from Cal. Civ. Code § 1798.80(e)||[ x ]||[ x ]||
|C. Characteristics of CA or Federal Protected Classifications||[ x ]||[ x ]||
|D. Commercial Information||[ x ]||[ x ]||
|E. Biometric Information||[ _ ]||[ _ ]|
|F. Internet or Other Similar Network Activity||[ x ]||[ x ]||
|G. Geolocation Data||[ x ]||[ x ]||
|H. Sensory or Surveillance Data||[ _ ]||[ _ ]|
|I. Professional or Employment-Related Information||[ x ]||[ x ]||
|J. Education Information||[ x ]||[ x ]||
|K. Profile Data||[ x ]||[ x ]||
The categories identified as collected in the table above were collected from the following categories of sources:
We do not sell personal information. We do not have actual knowledge that we sell the personal information of minors under 16 years of age.
You have the right to request that we delete any of your personal information collected by us, subject to certain exceptions. You can do this through a verified consumer request. That process is described below in the section, “Submitting a Verified Consumer Request.”
We may deny your deletion request if retaining the information is necessary for us or our service provider(s) to:
You have the right to submit verified consumer requests to know information or for deletion. The request to know can be for any or all of the following:
The response to a request for any of the categories above will cover the preceding 12 months. Please note that we are not required to provide personal information to you more than twice in a 12-month period. We cannot respond to your request or provide you with personal information if we cannot verify your identity or authority to make the request. We will only use personal information provided in a verifiable consumer request to verify the requestor’s identity or authority to make the request.
If you submit a request that is not through one of these designated methods or is deficient in some manner unrelated to verification, we will either treat it as if it had been submitted in accordance with our designated methods or provide you with information on how to submit the request or remedy any deficiencies.
Your request will be verified by matching the information you provide to information that we have collected. Categories may include, but are not limited to, name, address, telephone number, last 4 digits of your social security number, last 4 digits of the credit card you used to pay for your order, a prior order number, or similar types of data we hold.
Once we receive your verifiable consumer request, we will confirm receipt of the request within 10 business days describing our verification process. We will respond to your request within 45 calendar days, if we are able to verify your identity. Requests for deletion will require a separate confirmation that you want your information deleted.
If requests from you are manifestly unfounded or excessive in particular because of their repetitive character, we may either charge a reasonable fee or refuse to act on the request, notifying you of our reason for refusing to act. If we determine that the request warrants a fee, we will notify you of the reason for that determination and provide you with a cost estimate before completing your request.
Please note that, in responding to your request, we are not permitted to disclose or provide you with your Social Security number, driver’s license number or other government-issued identification number, financial account number, any health insurance or medical identification number, an account password, security questions and answers, or unique biometric data generated from measurements or technical analysis of human characteristics. However, we will inform you with sufficient particularity that we have collected the type of information without disclosing the actual data.
Requests to Know or Delete for Child Under the Age of 13: We accept requests for minors under the age of 13 if we can determine that it was submitted by a parent or guardian. If submitting such a request, please provide sufficient documentation to demonstrate that relationship.
Only you, or a natural person or a business entity registered with the Secretary of State to conduct business in California that you have authorized to act on your behalf, may make a verifiable consumer request related to your personal information. You may also make a verifiable consumer request on behalf of your minor child. If you use an authorized agent, you may provide a power of attorney executed pursuant to California Probate Code sections 4000 to 4465. If a power of attorney that meets those provisions is not submitted, you will be required to provide the authorized agent signed permission to submit a request, verify your identity directly with us, and directly confirm with us that you provided the authorized agent permission to submit the request.
If you’re an authorized agent making a request you need to do the following:
(a) provide a copy of a power of attorney provided to you by the consumer pursuant to Probate Code sections 4000 to 4465; or
(b) provide proof of signed permission along with a copy of your ID and have the consumer confirm with us that they provided you permission to submit the request by sending an e-mail.
We will not comply with a request to know specific pieces of information or a request to delete household personal information unless (i) the request is made by the account holder or (ii) all consumers of the household jointly request access to specific pieces of information or deletion, we can individually verify all members of the household and we can verify each is currently a member of the household. If a member of a household is a minor under 13, we must obtain verifiable consent before complying with a request for specific pieces of information for the household or deletion of household personal information.
You have a right not to receive discriminatory treatment by the business for the exercise of the privacy rights conferred by the CCPA. Unless permitted by the CCPA, we will not:
California’s “Shine the Light” law (Civil Code Section § 1798.83) permits users of our Website that are California residents to request certain information regarding our disclosure of personal information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes. You can submit requests by calling 877-483-0117 or using our webform.
Company does not respond to Web browser “do not track” signals or other mechanisms.
Other parties may collect personally identifiable information about your activities over time and across different Web sites when a consumer uses our Site or service.
We reserve the right to amend this privacy notice at our discretion and at any time. When we make changes to this privacy notice, we will post the updated notice on the Website and update the notice’s effective date. Your continued use of our Website following the posting of changes constitutes your acceptance of such changes.
If you have any questions or comments about this notice, the ways in which we collect and use your information, your choices and rights regarding such use, or wish to exercise your rights under California law, please do not hesitate to contact us at:
Attn: General Counsel
16192 Coastal Highway, Lewes, DE 19958
Our refund policy:
At DivorceFiller, we care about our customers and stand by the quality of our services - so we’ll refund our fees on divorce services, other than the activation fee, within the first 30 days of purchase if you're unhappy with our services. Call or email us and we'll process your refund.
What it doesn't cover:
We provide significant services beyond the generation of your divorce forms. Answers to common questions, filing instructions, and customer care provided during the process of using our site are just some of the valuable services we provide. For this reason, we unfortunately cannot grant a refund in cases where a customer has accessed our post-purchase services, including our post-purchase questionnaires, forms, instructions, and customer care center, unless there’s a flaw in our underlying documents. If you have not accessed our post-purchase services, however, you can request a refund within 30 days of purchase.
In addition, we cannot guarantee that a customer's spouse will sign the documents and cannot provide a refund where the spouse refuses.
We cannot provide refunds for fees we collect on behalf of third parties. For example, if you purchase the electronic filing of your documents, complete the documents, and we pay to file with a court, we cannot refund the fees to you. Similarly, if you purchase a package with prepaid shipping labels, we cannot offer a refund for those labels. Finally, fees paid directly to, or for access to, lawyers or for mediation services are not covered by this guarantee.